Relaxing Angrily -- Pinterest as a Tool

Is there anything that you do that's normally relaxing for you but you also tend to do it... angrily?

Back in the summer for a roleplaying board I run, I took back an old Pinterest account I had and started messing around with creating character boards. Many of our members were doing the same thing at the time and it was fun way to create plots and talk about stories and get ideas about characters in my head.

Since then I've kept it up, moving on to not just my original characters or my favorite dragon age characters for the board I run, but also just... characters I enjoy from many fandoms. I've amassed quite the collection of boards for Critical Role characters and pairings, Dragon Age, Preacher, The Exorcist, and so on. It's one of those things I do to relax, to engage with a thing I'm really enjoying for just a little bit longer. Like I created boards for Wynonna Earp and Doc Holliday after I finished watching Season 2. I can't watch the new season yet and that was a good alternative.

However, I've discovered I've started also doing this when I'm angry at times. Not necessarily because it's relaxing (though it can be calming) but because I can create boards for characters that are a little more badass than me. Through kind of putting myself in their shoes to make a board about them, or of things they might like, I get to live a little vicariously?

It's a little weird, I know. It's this kind of mindless activity that's fun. But also a little therapeutic? And it got me wondering if there's other relaxing things that people do while angry. Maybe not just while angry but because I'm angry.

I'll finish with this, a link to a board I'm working on for when I'm made AT someone or something specifically. It's mostly quotes or pins, things that make a point about being angry or upset. I just call it: x. you. It's the anonymous "you", the person or thing making me angry. Especially useful when I know I'm not actually angry at them, or that I don't really have a reason to be angry. I just am. Whatever it is, it helps. So I thought I'd share.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nailed It: pure distilled schadenfreude in a 30 minute baking show

Pacific Rim: Uprising spoiler-free review

Critical Role S2 Pinterest Boards