Chime; Dessa and the Science of Love

With the release of Dessa's new album, Chime, stories and videos of her process in writing the songs on it have been making the rounds. As a bit of a science nerd, she investigated the impact of love on the brain. Comparing her brain's reactions to images of an ex she couldn't quite shake feelings for and another person, she was able to see exactly where in the brain her feelings for this person lived. She talks about it more in the video below.



I love Dessa's music, the lyrics in her songs deal not just with love but life. I've been listening to Chime for the past week or so and while I've not as in love with it as I have been with previous albums, I am thoroughly enjoying it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nailed It: pure distilled schadenfreude in a 30 minute baking show

Tomb Raider 2018; no-spoiler review except this spoiler: I loved it

Pacific Rim: Uprising spoiler-free review