Music: Fall Out Boy -- Champion

There are several new songs off the new Fall Out Boy album that I'm in love with, namely "Church" and "Heaven's Gate" which have themes I tend to really like it songs. They're also catchy as hell. However, those aren't the ones I want to share.

Instead let me share with you a song for all the bad days that if you're like me, get a little bit better with a good song. Champion is a song about making it through. About coming out stronger on the other side of something. About knowing you can live through something tough.



It reminds me a lot of my tattoo, which is a line from an Andrea Gibson poem, "I Sing the Dream Electric, but Only When My Power's Out". I have on my arm a portion of this line: 

"I said to the sun, tell me about the Big Bang
The sun said, 'It hurts to become.
'"



I like that line because it reminds me that we all go through tough times, but it's the moments we experience and get through that shape us and make us what we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nailed It: pure distilled schadenfreude in a 30 minute baking show

Tomb Raider 2018; no-spoiler review except this spoiler: I loved it

Pacific Rim: Uprising spoiler-free review