Pacific Rim: Uprising spoiler-free review

I LOOOooooooooooooooooooooVED Pacific Rim. Listen until Wonder Woman came out, the Pacific Rim theme was my ring tone. (Now it's the WW theme if that wasn't clear.) My love for it was only partially because of my love for Idris Elba in pretty much every role he's ever in, the other part was the depth Guillermo del Toro put into what was essentially a robots vs. monsters movie. Good old GdT doesn't do sequels and the writer Travis Beacham didn't return for Uprising... but I know how to go into a movie with low-to-middling expectations, so that's what I did.

I'm not going to go into detail here, this is after all supposed to be spoiler-free. But, I will say that if you're going into this movie for a lot of plot... or science... or solid ties to the original... you might not find what you're looking for. But if you, like me, are going into Uprising looking for a robots vs robots or robots vs kaiju extravaganza, well, buckle up and prepare for a good time. Go for the new cool-ass jaegers, stay for the mighty morphin power kaiju. 

And if you're on the fence, check out this Nerdist vintage kaiju movie version of the trailer and tell me that doesn't look like a good time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cantata Pansophical: An Exandrian Musical

Thrashtopia & Adulting in the Apocolypse

Critical Role S2 Pinterest Boards