Music: Jonathan Young - Unravel

I'm kind of a huge music nerd. Not a snob, because I like just about anything you put in front of my ears. I pride myself a little on having an ear for what's good or bad. In fact, when I was much younger and was buying tapes and later cds as they were released, I used to challenge myself to figure out which would be the next song released from the album for the radio. I feel like I did pretty well.

Although my access to new music was more and more restricted as I grew up and my family got more and more into the church. By high school, I only kept up with as much new music as I could pack into every other weekend at my dad's, since my parents were separated.

In recent years, I've really enjoyed having access to streaming services and YouTube. I signed up for a Google Music account pretty much as soon as it was possible. And I became a subscriber when that became an option. My Google Music subscription gives me YouTube Red access and whatever mess YouTube has going on currently, I like being able to have ad-free access to new and upcoming artists.

I used to do this thing on my tumblr where I boosted videos from YouTube that I was really into and I think I want to bring that over here.

Here's my first one. I've turned a bunch of my friends on to this guy through his metal covers of Disney songs (which are fabulous). Jonathan Young has an absolutely amazing voice and a really great ability to make a song his own. I've been enjoying this latest cover from him: "Unravel" from Tokyo Ghoul. Give it a listen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nailed It: pure distilled schadenfreude in a 30 minute baking show

Pacific Rim: Uprising spoiler-free review

Tomb Raider 2018; no-spoiler review except this spoiler: I loved it