Music: New Rules x Are You That Somebody? by Pentatonix

I'm happy to see new music from Pentatonix that isn't Christmas, or personal projects. Not that they're not all extremely talented on their own, but after Ari left, I wondered what new music from them might look like. Their cover for Havana is good, but this new song is a little bit of a return to some of their older sounds - new music mixed with an old beat. It also helps that I really, really dig New Rules from Dua Lipa right now. Putting the beat from Aaliyah's Are You That Somebody? just hits me where my teen-self lived, knee-deep in R&B. This is real good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nailed It: pure distilled schadenfreude in a 30 minute baking show

Pacific Rim: Uprising spoiler-free review

Tomb Raider 2018; no-spoiler review except this spoiler: I loved it